Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Gratitude



It is the time of the year again when many of us would sit down and look back at the past 12 months. Personally I get all emotional around now especially since it has been an annual horribilis for me. I would normally write down my thoughts and keep it in my little black box but I am going to do it differently this year.
I received a call from Small M this afternoon, trying to convince me to join him at his family's Christmas lunch but sadly I had to decline (the 4th invitation from different friends) due to the injury on my right hand and bruises on my face. He was a little disappointed but said this to me before hanging up"I am so grateful to have you in my life!", it has to be the sweetest thing I have heard for a very long time!
I decided I should write down a list of what I'm most grateful for and here's the list;
  • For having a loving family despite them being thousands of miles away from me.
  • For living and sharing my life with the closest person in my life despite not knowing if that is going to end soon.
  • For having some of my closest friends that still love me to pieces despite me being half as fabulous as  before.
  • For showing compassion and kindness to someone I barely knew despite all the goodwill was being taken for granted.
  • For not ended up with a disfigured face despite having the large scar inside my mouth that will forever remind me of that ugly incident.
  • For being able to cook something from my childhood when I'm feeling homesick despite that often make me even more homesick.
  • For starting this blog despite getting very lukewarm reactions from most people I mentioned the idea to.
  • For meeting wonderful new friends and like minded people through this blog despite we might never meet in person.
  • For lucky enough to be able to speak a few languages despite not having too many opportunities to do so in Melbourne.
  • For being surrounded by beautiful art works and furniture that we bought throughout the years despite there might not be any new addition to that in the very near future.
  • For having relatively good health despite how badly I treated my poor body before.
  • For having so much beauty around me despite the recent not so beautiful events that happened.
  • And finally for understanding the meaning of GRATITUDE!

    28 comments:

    1. je suis passé te souhaiter une bonne journée
      à bientôt

      ReplyDelete
    2. Aww.. I hope you are feeling better today. We are very grateful how your blog has changed the way we eat so thank you :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. All you write is so thrue !
      I wish you and your family a very merry Christmas, it's so hard to say it in english so I write in french, je te souhaite une meilleure santé, de la joie, du bonheur, et de continuer nos "petites" conversations à travers nos blogs
      Kisses, Chapot

      ReplyDelete
    4. It is nice to be grateful to so many things after having a bad year. I wish you a better and happier year :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. 3HT. Beautifully said. Merry Christmas, Happy New year, and wishing you a better year ahead !

      ReplyDelete
    6. nicely said. i love you. despite the fact we're both spazzy spazzes. actually because of it. will love you forever. xxxxxxx

      ReplyDelete
    7. Harriet from CarltonDecember 24, 2009 at 2:17 AM

      That is beautiful! There will a better year ahead for you.
      Kisses, Harriet
      P.SI have emailed you my number, give me a call you you are coming over to collect the cookies.

      ReplyDelete
    8. These are such beautiful thoughts that let us know more about you! Thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    9. =) just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Well said :-)Wish you and your family a very merry X'mas and a happy New year !!!

      ReplyDelete
    11. Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts! It is so true we have so much to be grateful for. I wish you a much better year ahead! Happy holidays!

      ReplyDelete
    12. A beautiful piece that we can all learn from - to be grateful for even the small things. Thanks.

      ReplyDelete
    13. Beautifully written, I'm going to sit down and think about that too.
      I'm sure you'll have a better year ahead!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Hey buddy, that is beautiful!
      Another invitation to our humble home if you don't feel like being alone! You have our number just give us a call. Cheers!

      ReplyDelete
    15. 我很感動!明天會更好!

      ReplyDelete
    16. Merry Christmas and happy new year babes..see you in 2010!! muaks!

      ReplyDelete
    17. What a beautiful post. Merry Christmas & wishing you a wonderful 2010!

      ReplyDelete
    18. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year ;D

      ReplyDelete
    19. Lovely post! It is wonderful to still think about what you are grateful for after a rough year!
      All the best from now on!

      ReplyDelete
    20. Thank you everyone for you wonderful comments and well wishes, I'm very grateful for have started to get to know all of you too :)

      ReplyDelete
    21. Hey darling is everything ok?
      beautiful post and photo.
      Thinking of you,
      Sofia and Vijay

      ReplyDelete
    22. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, from the bottom of my heart.

      ReplyDelete
    23. Thanks very much for your beautiful sharing about GRATITIUDE. I am very thankful and grateful that you started this blog and meeting you. Love all your food here. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

      ReplyDelete
    24. Thank you everyone for your wonderful wishes :)

      ReplyDelete
    25. Thank you for the good and very helpful information. It is very interesting.
      แม่และเด็ก

      ReplyDelete

    26. Thanks for allowing me to view this portal which is full of relevant knowledge. We have reviewed the information provided and can claim that this is quite authenticated and we would recommend this to our friends. Surely we would also like to introduce ourself as HND Assignment help with below set of relevant websites:
      byou59485.wixsite.com

      ReplyDelete

    Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

    press me

    3 hungry tummies

    My photo
    melbourne, victoria, Australia

    linkwithin