Saturday, November 6, 2010

Dry Tossed Rice Noodles With Meat Sauce 芽菜肉燥撈河粉

Hello all my friends and readers! My computer is back and I am finally able to start blogging again, something that I have missed terribly. There are so many recipes that I want to share with everyone, meanwhile I am just showing a quick and easy way to enjoy the tasty meat sauce from my previous post. I am off to enjoy the beautiful sunshine and will be back to check out all my favourite blogs a little later. Enjoy your weekend and happy cooking!
P.S I will be posting the round up of the 4th Muhhibah Malaysian Monday on the coming Monday, I apologize for the delay.



recipe per serve
you'll need;
1/2 cup of tasty meat sauce from home 
a handful of fresh thin rice noodles
1 spring onion, chopped
2 baby bokchoy, washed and cut into 4 lengthwise
a handful of beansprouts
1.5 tbs of crispy garlic and oil 
dash of dark soy
cut chillies to serve



Prepare the ingredients.



Blanch the rice noodles and bean sprouts for 10 seconds, drained well and mix in the crispy garlic and oil.



Top with blanched bokchoy, meat sauce and dark soy over.



Finally sprinkle with some chopped spring onions and cut chillies.



Mix well and enjoy!



Equally delicious as topping for rice.

29 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Have missed reading your posts. Love this rice noodle dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy ! Actually I have a craving for meat sauce right now !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super yum!! The meat sauce looks fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. harriet from CarltonNovember 6, 2010 at 6:11 PM

    Welcome back! This looks amazing and am looking forward to your regular posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! This looks so delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That meat sauce was awesome. This looks a really good way of using it. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunshine? SUNSHINE? It's right chilly here!

    Gorgeous food. I'm starving. I could eat that for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi tummy finally you are at home..few times stopped by but no one at home..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh tummy is back:) rindu betul tunggu resepi resepi terkini dari dapur tummies:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always start to feel hungry when I come here...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought you have abandoned your blog lol..... looking forward to more delicious recipes from you. This looks absolutely delicious of course!

    ReplyDelete
  12. uummmm...look yummy...i will try...

    ReplyDelete
  13. tes plats sont toujours tellement gourmands.
    j'adore.
    See soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! How I wish I can have that bowl of rice noodles with extra meat sauce right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WB. The meat sauce and noodles combo are looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love dry tossed noodles! So tasty and satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have missed your cooking! This looks so hearty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow...very impressive dish...will definitely try this....

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO glad to have you back my friend! It's sunny here too, off to enjoy it and I think this might be what we have for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Welcome back! I was wondering what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely to have you back with this delicious noodle dish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds yummy!,
    Excellent looking dish!

    Great presentation too!

    Big hugs!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Finally get to see your post again :). I wish I can have a bowl now, more meat sauce and chilli sauce, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So, so delicious! Try as I might I couldn't find ya cai anywhere so I had to use tianjin cabbage instead... and then I played 'pimp my vegetable' by adding some toasted & ground Sichuan pepper and plenty of chilli so I hope I ended up with the right kind of flavour. Just loved this on the silky rice noodles with the freshness of spring onion and chilli on top. This was also the first time I'd made my own crispy garlic & oil and it really was outstanding. Can't wait for leftovers tomorrow night! Cheers, Beck

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Beck,
    I am glad you have tried another recipe :)
    Very few shops sells ya chai, I normally get mine from the large Asian grocer in Richmond (corner nicholson and victoria st) Tianjin cabbage is a good substitute though.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin