Sunday, May 1, 2011

Egg Noddles Soup With Roast Duck 燒鴨麵湯



As promised a soup version for those who prefer a little bit of slurping action. I made a soup version the next day using the remaining ingredients and a delicious duck broth was made using the duck bones. I am still rather bias towards the dry version but it was a very enjoyable lunch with my weekend Chinese newspaper by the sunny window.
I managed to finish the 10th MMM roundup when the internet reception was surprisingly strong this morning. Please come back tomorrow for yet another delicious roundup! 



serves 2 generously as a one dish meal
you'll need;
1/2 a roast duck, chopped Chinese style
fresh egg noodlesallow 1.5 noodles per person
choysum or bokchoy, washed and cut into manageable lengths 
spring onions, chopped
bird chillies in soy to serve

for the broth;
duck bones and off cuts from the roast duck
5 cm of ginger, sliced
1 l of stock
dash of sesame oil
dash of white pepper
dash of light soy
salt to taste



Duck bones and sliced ginger.



For the broth - Place all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. 



Prepare the choysum and spring onions.











Chop the duck Chinese style.



Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water for 15 seconds, remove and rinse in a big pot of cold water. When the pot of water returns to a rapid boil, return the noodles and cook for another 15 seconds or til al dente. Blanch choysum or bokchoy briefly.



Ladle some hot broth over.



Top with duck and spring onions and serve immediately with some cut chillies in soy.

9 comments:

  1. mmmm sensational looking soup :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer the dry version too but this certainly looks better than the restaurant version :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never get those damn egg noodles to work for me Suresh! Yours looks so much better, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both the dry and soup version and I am looking forward to the roundup tmr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my kind of dish when I go out eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very generous amount of meat! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice yummy looking bowl of noodles. Bet I'll slurp up all the soup as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a restaurant style one...rich n divine bowl of noodles with roasted duck..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I would eat roast duck every day if I could!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a note. I love to know what you think!

press me

3 hungry tummies

My photo
melbourne, victoria, Australia

linkwithin